Category: Rev. Theodore Krienke

1933-02-07 Situation of teaching Mexican children

Under the direction of Board President, Rev. Theodore Krienke, a “committee be apointed [sic] to look into the situation of teaching the mexican [sic] children.” Board meeting Minutes from February 7, 1933 note that “members of the school committee on Mexican situation were appointed as follows: Helmer Johnson, W.J. Walsh D.B. Gregg.” “The Mexican School,” was originally housed in rental space in the Negro M.E. Church in Old Town and opened on October 9, 1933. Norma Pfluger was named the school’s teacher at a rate of $75/month. The school year was seven months long. Round Rock Schools were now...

Read More

SEARCH