Trustees approve installation of gas heat in the school building, and direct that the coal bin be converted into a girls’ restroom. The existing toilets for boys were to receive individual flush bowls.
Note: The Board voted to connect the “Mexican School” to the sewer system during their April 2, 1940 meeting. A discussion regarding connecting the “Negro School” to the sewer line took place during the January 5, 1943 meeting, but no action was taken. Nearly seven years later, during the December 6, 1949 meeting, the Board voted to provide natural gas and running water to the “Negro School.”