September 1914 – A three story building opens on Anderson Avenue on the current site of Berkman Elementary. It houses white students in all grades.
September 1914 – “Colored School” opens for African-American students. The school is housed in space leased from a local church.
October 1922 – Hopewell School opens for African-American students. The construction of the school was provided for by the Julius Rosenwald Fund of Chicago.
August 1, 1933 – The “Mexican School” opens for Mexican-American students in a space leased from the Negro M.E. Church.
April 1934 – 1.5 acres purchased from Mr. Tennie Q. Aten for $200 for the Mexican School. In May 1934, .3 acres was added to the purchase for an additional $25. This land is atop what was known as “College Hill,” situated south of Brushy Creek and east of Chisholm Trail where the Round Rock Institute existed from 1883-1913. (This land is on the hilltop between the current Wendy’s on Round Rock Avenue and Comfort Suites.) The school opened on October 8, 1934
March 16, 1943 – Voters approve a $12,00 bond to complete a new high school building. the vote is 52-4. This building is the current C.D. Fulkes Middle School.
September 1944 – Round Rock High School opens at 400 Anderson Avenue, housing grades 7-12. (Grades K-6 remain in the three-story building located next door.)
June 1948 – Filing of a lawsuit by the League of Latin American Citizens (Delgado vs. Bastrop ISD), against segregation of Mexican-American students in Texas. The court ruling closes Round Rock’s Mexican School and students are transferred to Central (Berkman) Elementary School.
July 19, 1958 – Voters approve a bond election for $158,000 to construct a new elementary school. The new 12-classroom school opens in September 1959, replacing the 1914 structure. Originally named Central Elementary School, the school is now Berkman Elementary School.
September 1971 – A new Round Rock High School opens at 300 Lake Creek Drive. It was funded by a $2 million bond that also included the cost to construct an area vocational center (currently the 200 Building/Toolbox)
September 1974 – Spicewood Elementary opens.
August 1975 – Voigt Elementary School opens. The school is named after Xenia Voigt a former teacher and principal.
August 1976 – Grisham Middle School opens, named after Noel Grisham, Superintendent from 1957-1979.
August 1977 – Three elementary schools open – Deep Wood, Forest North, and Anderson Mill.
August 1978 – North Oaks (Caraway) Elementary School opens. The school was named after former principal Kathy Caraway beginning with the 2005-2006 school year.
August 1978 – Due to severe overcrowding at Round Rock High School, freshmen attend classes at a separate campus. After Westwood High School opens in 1981 (and relieves RRHS), the Ninth Grade Center becomes Chisholm Trail Middle School.
August 1979 – Robertson Elementary School opens, named after Trustee Vic Robertson who served on the Board from 1967-1979.
November 20, 1980 – Round Rock Middle School is renamed for C.D. Fulkes, principal of Round Rock High School from 1957-1970.
August 1981 – Four schools open – Westwood High School, Chisholm Trail Middle School, Purple Sage and Brushy Creek elementary schools.
August 1984 – Canyon Vista Middle School opens
August 1985 – Laurel Mountain, Wells Branch and Pond Spring elementary schools open
August 1986 – Live Oak, Double File Trail, Bluebonnet elementary schools and Deerpark Middle School opens
August 1987 – The “Westwood Annex/Ninth Grade Center” opens due to overcrowding at Westwood. The site opens as McNeil HS in 1992.
August 1988 – Old Town Elementary School opens
August 1991 – Fern Bluff, Gattis and Jollyville elementary schools open
August 1992 – McNeil High School opens
August 1993 – Cedar Valley Middle School opens
August 1996 – Hopewell Middle School (currently the site of Hernandez Middle School) and Forest Creek Elementary School opens
August 1997 – Great Oaks Elementary School opens
August 1998 – Canyon Creek Elementary School opens.
August 1999 – Caldwell Heights Elementary School and Stony Point High School open.
August 2001 – Cactus Ranch and Blackland Prairie elementary schools and Ridgeview Middle School open
August 2002 – Hopewell Middle School (now Hernadez Middle School) is converted to a Ninth Grade Center for Stony Point High School. Union Hill Elementary School opens.
August 2008 – Four schools open – Callison, Sommer, and Teravista elementary schools and Walsh Middle School.
August 2009 – The Stony Point Ninth Grade center was re-named PFC Robert P.Hernandez Middle School. PFC Hernandez has the distinction of being the only Vietnam War casualty from Round Rock and was a 1967 graduate of Round Rock High School.
August 2010 – Cedar Ridge High School opens
August 2012 – Chandler Oaks Elementary School opens.
August 2011 – Herrington Elementary School opens.
August 2012 – England Elementary School opens.
August 2014 – Success High School opens
August 2016 – Joe Lee Johnson Elementary School opens
August 2017 – Pearson Ranch Middle School opens